If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
MDC Mortgage Brokers ltd t/a Irish Mortgage Brokersr to provide list of who pass data onto
• Banks that provide loans in the Republic of Ireland or elsewhere when arranged within the Republic of Ireland.
• Insurance companies that provide products within the republic of Ireland or elsewhere when arranged from within the Republic of Ireland.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
MDC Mortgage Brokers ltd t/a Irish Mortgage Brokers facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. MDC Mortgage Brokers ltd t/a Irish Mortgage Brokers will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (The Central Bank) and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by MDC Mortgage Brokers ltd t/a Irish Mortgage Brokers or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and the firms Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
Sometimes we use profiling in our business. The main categories are
a) Risk profiling.
b) Profiling for marketing purposes.
c) Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services and mortgage product
a) Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
b) Profiling for marketing purposes.
When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above * we run automated queries on our computerised data base to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
c) Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
With mortgage applications there are often automated answers to certain data points, this can be things such as the rates on offer or the loan amounts, we use automation for some elements of this but
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 01 679 0990 or email info(at)mortgagebrokers(dot)ie